20.1.12

Freehand Nail Art: Cloudy with a Chance of Rainbows



My first attempt at utilizing the sponging technique. I LOVE it. I think sponging is one of my new favorite nail art techniques. I love the way it turns out and the amount of control I have. I had started out with a grey polish and was going to do some dotting (inspired by this tutorial) but when it took FOREVER to dot just one nail, I decided to do a cloudy sky look on the rest of my nails but it looked weird with just white and grey so I sponged some blue around the white and then sponged some more white to make it look "fluffier"/more cloud-like and voila! I got so many comments on these nails. I ended up sporting this mani for almost a week (I usually can't go more than a day or two between manicures)!


Polishes used (L to R): SH Insta-Dri Blue-Away & Whirlwind White (sponged clouds); SH Insta-Dri Rapid Red, Borghese Capri Coral, SH Insta-Dri Lightning, Revlon Posh, SH Insta-Dri Brisk Blue, Borghese Palermo Plum (rainbow dots)

I redid my accent nail so the dots would be smaller.
For the sponging I just used some generic (walgreens' brand I believe) cosmetic sponges that I tore up into bits. I'd describe the process of sponging but there are already so many great tutorials out there, like this one @ Nailin' It.

No comments:

Post a Comment